Monday, October 25

Memory Walk...

Because I always slack on the weekend, and just do a round up post at some point between Sunday night and Monday morning, here we go.

I  have almost no clue what I did on Friday night.

Saturday morning we did the Memory Walk in Evansville.  We do the Memory Walk, because my mom is specialized in Alzheimer’s and dementia care. And when I worked in the nursing home, I worked on the dementia unit.  And the whole disease is absolutely devastating.   Not to mention Maria Shriver has anew initiative about it.  The funniest part was watching Cat dance in the walk to the drummers.  She’d just start to drop it low.  It was hilarious, and of course we left the cameras in the van.. Cause we’re smart like that.

After hitting up Bob Evans and the mall, we came home, and putzed around.  I’m not a hundred percent sure what all we did. But I know some pumpkins got decorated and I made Ree’s Cinnamon Roll dough.

Sunday I made the mini monkey bread cupcake thingers, and they were delish.  And after church I made chili , using Lawry’s spice package, and it was delish.

I made some delish cornbread to go with it.  It was GREAT.  Just mix a can of whole kernel corn, and some cheese with 2 boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin mix.  And it’s awesome.  Just try it, just once and let me know what you think, and how thankful you are. Because it’s AMAZING, and you will be thankful.

And on a whole different note.  One of my best friends is getting married. Oh and I’m in her line up. Oh and it’s in May, not the end of may either. The freaking beginning of May. The freaking 7th of May. And who still looks like an oompa loompa? Oh that’d be me.  So I’ve got to up my game for the next few months.

What does that mean, you ask? That means instead of doing Zumba once or twice a week starting Monday I will be doing Zumba Monday, Tuesday, some Wednesdays, Thursday and Saturday.   Will I be sore? Heck yes! Will I want to cry and want to give up? Of course! Buuuut I’m going to have to push through that, because I refuse to be the huge girl in green beside the bride.

Oh and on SparkPeople I start a new challenge on November 1st.  It’s the last loser standing, basically after you sign up, you send a picture of your scale to the moderator. And weekly you send a new picture, to keep from cheating, to the moderator.  And as long as you lose weight, you’re in for the next week.  Until, TADA, the last loser is standing.  I’m so juiced about this I can’t wait.

Oh I’ve also decided about dealing with my emotional eating monster I’ve got have one day where I just kinda let myself go.  And usually when I do that I won’t give in for the rest of the week, and don’t end up going too crazy on my cheat days. So for the next two months I’m doing that, and hopefully-cross your fingers- I’ll be able to give up the habit.

And now I’m going to go to bed, so I can get up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment