Thursday, November 25

Thankful For Blogging...

I’ve always been a creative soul.  When I was growing up my dad tried to get a family music troupe going. Needless to say we didn’t go far.  As I got older writing was required for school (anyone know about FCATs? Yeah Floridian here.  If you’re unaware you must past the FCATs in order to graduate from middle and high school.  And the FCATs are Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test.)

And then, once I’d passed my FCAT I got into fan fiction (and at one point I had a “lyric” fight with one of my best friends in high school.  And someone actually wanted to pay for my lyrics. Didn’t do it, but I should have. I could’ve been the next Taylor Swift, or the first Taylor Swift since I’m older than her. Oh except that whole singing thing, as previously mentioned, not so great at that. Anyhow!)

During the rest of my high school career I wrote.  And I had a blog here and a blog there, but nothing wonderful and great.

But now, as I’m really starting my life (with 2 kids and no man) I’ve found that blogging, and the unique friendships and connections that I make through it really help me get through the rough patches.  Not to mention that I get a little scared having to admit that I had 7 Redbull and Vodkas too many the last time I went to Thong Thursday.  Blogging keeps me from going to Thong Thursday (and this is a great thing, I got BB thanks to a Thong Thursday, but that’s a whole other story).  Blogging helps me get through to the sunny side of whatever I might be going through.

And that’s why I’m thankful for Blogging.




This post inspired by Bloggy Mom's Writer Workshop.




PS:: HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment