Wednesday, March 9

I Pledge

The more "Mommy Blogs" or "Mommy Bloggers" or even mom focused forums I read the more I want to stand up and yell at other people to be nice. How are we to teach our children love, acceptance and kindness if we cannot even show that to fellow women who are dealing with the same battles that we have (or will be) dealing with?

The most important advice I have ever heard (especially relating to parenthood). You have to make the next right choice. You can't focus on what MAY happen down the road if you give your kids pacifiers, or if you don't breastfeed or a billion other things.  You need to make that the right now is taken care of, because there may not be a tomorrow.

And because of all of that blathering up there I am taking The Mom Pledge.



 The Mom Pledge
I am a proud Mommy Blogger. I will conduct myself with integrity in all my blogging activities. I can lead by example.
I pledge to treat my fellow moms with respect. I will acknowledge that there is no one, "right" way to be a good Mom. Each woman makes the choices best for her family.
I believe a healthy dialogue on important issues is a good thing. I will welcome differing opinions when offered in a respectful, non-judgmental manner. And will treat those who do so in kind.
I stand up against online bullying. My blog is my space. I will not tolerate comments that are rude, condescending or disrespectful.
I refuse to give those who attack a platform. I will remove their remarks from my blog with no mention or response. I can take control.
I want to see moms work together to build one another up, not tear each other down. Words can be used as weapons. I will not engage in that behavior.
I affirm that we are a community. As a member, I will strive to foster goodwill among moms. Together, we can make a difference. 



BWS tips button


No comments:

Post a Comment